What other people will think of you?
That elusive beast that steels more dreams than failure ever could! FEAR!
But, what is it that we are SO AFRAID OF?
CHANGE! Humans are afraid of the unknown.
We feel fear in our bodies. That uncomfortable feeling is activated by our mind thinking of the "what-if's" or an outcome that hasn't even happened yet. It's replaying a story inside our head that's likely linked to a memory of a past event or trauma that our subconscious mind recalls. Our subconscious mind is designed to store and recall information to keep us alive and safe. Our body's innate defense mechanism, the Fight or Flight Response is a physiological reaction that automatically prepares us to either run away or stay and fight the danger that is present in our environment. This was necessary for survival in the caveman days, but today most of the danger is just a perception or thought in our head. We fear the idea of our partner cheating or a loved one getting sick. We fear the potential of losing our job or taking action on our dream. The problem is not actually present in our environment, instead, it only exists as a thought inside our minds. That way of thinking impedes our ability to live our best life and take action on our heart's greatest desires. Your mind dictates your results whether you are conscious of it or not.
Put this into perspective for yourself or someone you love. What are you AFRAID of? Seriously, what may you be avoiding or hiding from, because of fear-based thoughts? How does this way of thinking affect the results in your life?
Here are some examples of fear-based thinking:
- I'm afraid of getting my heart broken again so any indication of this potential outcome will cause me to throw up a wall and block out that potential from happening. This fear also inhibits me from actually allowing love to flow into my life. Our blocks inhibit the greatness we actually desire.
- I'm afraid of what my boss or co-workers would think so I don't present my brilliant idea that could save the company lots of money.
- I'm afraid to ask a person I really like on a date because I might get rejected.
- I'm afraid to raise my hand in class and ask a question.
- I'm afraid to ask for a promotion or raise.
- I'm afraid to leave my husband because I don't have any family or any way to support myself.
- I am afraid to raise a child on my own!
- I'm afraid to leave a job that I hate, because of blah, blah, blah.
- I'm afraid to move to a different town because I won't know anyone.
- I am afraid of being alone.
- I am afraid of being vulnerable because I will get hurt.
Whatever the reason may be, the reality is that we are afraid of an outcome that only occurs in our own mind. It's a fictitious lens that we are viewing our potential reality through. When you allow that way of thinking to direct your actions then your results will follow that route. If you become conscious of the egoic projection of fear and choose not to engage with its creative but fraudulent scheme then you gain power. Your screen must be cleaned so you can co-creator a reality that brings you peace and happiness. Give your power to higher vibrational, faith-based thoughts instead. If you continue to focus on your fears then you create a higher probability for them to show up for you. Likewise, if you focus on faith and have confidence in yourself, a higher power, and/or a rewarding outcome then you send that energy into the Universe. The Universe is always providing and infinitely expanding. You co-create with its majesty and greatness!
Your mind is the most powerful resource you have, but the problem is that 90% of people are unconscious of the power they hold. People are operating their lives on autopilot allowing fear to lead the way. It's easier to stay in my comfort zone than take a chance on love, entrepreneurship, or a career change. Even though most people are not happy in their comfort zone and spend most of their time complaining, they will not take the action needed to get out and actually make a change for the better. They give their power over to that elusive beast and stay stuck in the lifestyle they wish so badly they could leave. They don't take the chance, ask quality questions, or take action on their dreams. They are so afraid of the unknown that they let fear steal their happiness, freedom, and prosperity all at once.
Are you tired of being afraid? Are you sick of getting the same results? Are you ready to take a chance and follow your passion? You are reading this blog post for a reason. The Universe works in mysterious ways. If this seems like a sign or an indication that you should be stepping out of your comfort zone to achieve a better way of life then I am here to tell you - it is time! Now! The present moment is your opportunity to take your power back and make the decision to allow yourself to be open to that portal of opportunity. Every present moment is your opportunity to pay attention and shift your way of thinking. Pay attention to your intuition - that gut feeling or tiny voice in the back of your head telling you to take a chance. Raise your awareness to that - it's your Power. It's your consciousness. Your attention and intention are your power. Your head and your heart can be used as a tool to gain greater control over the results of your life.
If you want to change the results in your life then you must start by paying attention to your thoughts! Where you focus your attention is where you place your energy. Your energy is everything because that's all there is... a Universe full of expanding and contracting energy. We live in a vortex of perception that can overwhelm and twist you up like a tornado. Our minds can become a barrel of bullshit that drains our dreams. I know because I deal with it on a daily basis. Yesterday, I posted a live video on Facebook about FEAR and how it steals success from so many. You see, I talk directly to my fear and tell it to $*ck Off!
Stop letting FEAR predict your results! Stop being afraid to take that chance, speak up, or go on that date! Instead of feeding your fear-based thoughts, shift your mindset to a more empowered way of thinking. Focus on your faith and believe in the best outcome you can think of for your particular situation.
Shift to these faith-based, confident, and positive thoughts instead:
- I have faith that I will find love. I found love and I'm happier than I've ever been!
- I can leave my shitty job and find a better one that is soul-serving and pays more!
- I do not need to stay stuck in a miserable relationship! I can love myself - and once I do, I will attract a better relationship.
- I'm able to pack up my things and move to a different town, make new friends, and wake up every single day grateful that I decided to have faith in my dream to move.
- I believe that I can save the company tons of money so I will share my idea with my boss and co-workers.
- I will post a video on YouTube and get hundreds of likes.
- I will start my own business and be successful.
- I am never alone. I am love.
- I radiate positive energy and spend time during my day focusing on everything I have to be grateful for!
- I am a successful, confident, and beautiful woman!
- I will have a positive impact on at least one person's day by writing this blog post. 🙂
Have faith in your ability to rise above any fear that may show up in your mind. Increase your awareness of your way of thinking and be conscious of the feelings and actions you take. If you encounter a sense of fear that tries to steal your power - TAG IT! Realize its scheme and tiresome tactics for what they are - illusions.
Don't settle for mediocre, because you were meant to see, do, and have more.
It's not real – whatever you are afraid of is a fictitious concept and ONLY YOU give it power.
Today, you can choose to feed your faith over that fictitious fear. You can believe in a higher power and positive outcome. Don't let your past be your guidepost for your future. Make the decision to tag your fear-based thinking and shift it over to a more expansive and rewarding story by using your consciousness. Pay attention to your way of thinking as often as you can. In doing this, you raise your consciousness and reclaim your power.
It's all happening inside your head. The screen you view your life on becomes your reality outside.
The battle between fear and faith runs through the minds of every human walking this planet. We all need a friendly reminder now and then that we hold the power and ability to change our way of thinking at any given moment.
You have the power. We all do!
Choose today to feed your faith and starve your fear. I believe in you and your dreams. You can do anything you put your mind and heart to. If you are interested in learning more about how you can co-create the life of your dreams, contact me.
With infinite love,